All websites need a homepage refresh after a few years. The current DriversEd.com homepage is a bit disorganized from years of various marketing initiatives. Visitors are confused by the overly busy information presented to them. The goals of the redesign are to clean up and reorganize the content, update the look and feel of the website to a simple, and professional layout that reflects the brand of the company.
Overall design updates
The new layout of the homepage tailors to what was lacking previously. Instead of a busy and difficult to read page, it is now organized and easy to scan. By adding white space and a simple neutral color palette, the face of the business looks instantly more professional. Replacing overly decorated photos with a beautiful imagery of the road communicates to the wide range of audience that the services this company offers “help you get on the road”.
- Categorized content for better comprehension
- Limited the usage of icons to appropriate places
- Showed image of courses and offered a tutorial so audience can have a preview
- Got rid of unnecessary content and distributed SEO content evenly among the page
- Offered alternative ways to help audience find products, ie. chat with a representative, view full list of products
- Cleaned up footer links and moved them to “view product list section”