All websites need a homepage refresh after a few years. The DriversEd.com homepage is missing structure after various marketing initiatives. With an abundance of information presented, the page is overly busy and confusing. The look-and-feel is lost and needs to be cleaned up. This redesign project is to address existing issues and optimize conversion. Here is the previous design for comparison.
New Desktop Layout
The new layout is professional and reflective of the company brand. Instead of being busy and difficult to understand, the page is now organized and easy to scan. By adding white space and a neutral color palette, the face of the business looks instantly more competitive. Replacing overly decorated photos with a clean beautiful image of the road communicates the company’s service to “help you get on the road”.
- Categorized content for better comprehension
- Limited the usage of icons to appropriate places
- Showed image of courses and offered a tutorial so audience can have a preview
- Eliminated unnecessary content and distributed SEO content evenly among the page
- Offered alternative ways to help audience find products, ie. chat with a representative, view full list of products
- Cleaned up footer links and moved them to “view product list section”